Brand Logo Colour Should Be Specific or Not – The Overview
A brand logo colour can attract your customers more than anything. It is why most of the companies, and particularly a start-up, always spend some extra cash and time on brand logo designing. It is because colour has its effects on people’s minds. Colours tend to influence the shopping pattern of buyers significantly by affecting their decision-making ability. Most customers consider colour as the most significant aspect of what they want to purchase. Logos can effectively persuade customers to buy your products or services by creating a sense of connection with the brand. Logo expands the brand acknowledgement as well as makes you outshine in the market. You must have noticed this in your shopping pattern too.
The initial introduction of your company’s services and the product is shaped to a great extent by the brand logo colour would not be wrong to state that logos dominate the world of the economic market. You can begin by designing an extraordinary logo for the business.
Once you have thought about setting a unique design to represent your company in the business world, it becomes essential to think about the brand logo colour. Usually, companies tend to select a particular shade to represent the brand value of the business. Still, most of the brands prefer to register a black and white logo.
Importance of Choosing a Specific Brand Logo Colour
Our senses are sensitive to graphical figures to a considerable level, and the colour is considered to be the most significant characteristic in that reaction. They effectively pass on information, inspire feelings, and add grandness to everything related to it. It makes colour, a fantastic means for achieving success when you register your start-up venture. The logo design can significantly influence your company’s growth if they blend well with the brand logo colour and the patterns and text
- If you are registering your brand logo for the first time, then it is advisable to go with a logotype format that has letter/s only. Logotype can be modified to any font shape or size if needed. You can register the design of the brand logo along with the logotype, or you can do it after you have registered the logotype.
- If you choose to file your company trademark with a particular pattern of colours or shades or a combination of both, then it will get registered in that pattern only. Furthermore, the use of some specific colour combinations may be subjected to be used under the law.
- Try to design a black and white brand logo colour to register for the first time. Later, you can add richness to the logo if you register again. However, two registries of the logo can turn out to be expensive for new ventures. Some big brands chose not to associate their brand logos with any particular colour like Apple and Google.
- In India, it is allowed to register a black and white logo even if you have already filed for a coloured logo. It is usually done to reserve the company logo if any lawsuit is filled for any specific colour used.
- While promoting your business in the Indian commercial market, you need to keep in mind that the nation has people from different cultures and beliefs. Make the selection of colour pattern for the Indian market accordingly. People often relate colours and patterns with the brand and product value.
- It is highly advisable to analyze the effects of the colour logo on your business and consumers. You can do thorough research to check if your consumers connect easily with any specific colour scheme.
- If you are determined to use a particular brand logo colour, then you need to act smartly. Set an aim to make the public believe that the product you deliver is connected with that colour in a real sense. You can incorporate the colour into your product design or packaging.
Get your brand logo registered with the Trade Marks Act. Initially, try to fill for a black and white logo. Once the public begins to recognize your brand through its logo, you can move ahead with colour registration with the trademark.
It is also important to note that there are frequent changes in the registration of a colour trademark every year. It is permitted only when the owner of the brand is the source of his product or service. These changes must be distinguishable from his competitors too.
Here are some limitations about brand logo colour as per Section 10 of the Trade Marks Act, 1999:
- A trademark can be wholly or partially be limited to any combination of colours. This limitation can be taken into consideration to decide the character of the trademark.
- If a trademark is registered without any colour limitation, it shall be deemed for all colours in the logo.
Get Help With Brand Registration
It is a brilliant decision to register your business in India and get significant exposure to the consumer market. If you need any assistance for India’s brand name registration, you can connect with the 3E Accounting firm. We have the best team dedicated to providing the best experience to our clients by assisting with registration with the trademark and any other concern related to intellectual property.