Essential Requirements for Limited Liability Partnership Formation
The process for Limited Liability Partnership Formation in India is a simple one and requires providing several documents to the Registrar of Companies (ROC). Limited Liability Partnership is a very favourable business structure for small-sized firms and start-ups. It gives the advantage of limited liability like a private company together with the flexibility of management in a partnership firm.
The Relevant Documents Needed for Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Formation in India can be classified into the following:
- Those concerning partner/designated partners
- And those concerning registered office
Concerning Partner/Designated Partners
Any person who is an Indian national or a foreign national can be a partner or a designated partner in an LLP.
The following are the documents required:
For Indian Nationals
1. PAN card: This is a vital document for the incorporation of LLP, and the name stated will be considered as the name for identity proof. Moreover, it should be updated frequently for any change of name or marriage. The process of registration will be held up if the PAN card contains an error.
2. Passport/Voter’s ID/Driving License: These proofs need to include the same details mentioned in the PAN card. Any of these proofs is relevant, and if necessary, they should be updated before submitting it. The documents serve as the current-address proof of the partner/designated partner. Ration card, election card, or Aadhaar card also can be offered as address proof
3. A scanned copy of the latest bank statement, light bill, telephone bill, Gas bill
All these documents must be self-attested by the partner or designated partner. The bills to be submitted as address proof need to be recent and not more than 2 to 3 months old. They should also bear the name of the partner/designated partner, as mentioned in the PAN card.
4. A scanned copy of the latest passport-sized photograph
For Foreign Nationals
1. Passport: The passport is a valid proof of identity for a foreign national and is compulsory for the incorporation of LLP. The passport, which bears the name and birthdate of the partner/designated partner, has to be notarized and apostilled. Further, it should be in English and translated, if in a foreign language.
2. Address proof: For address proof, the partner/designated partner can submit any of the following as proof:
- Residence card
- Driving license
- A government-issued form of identity, which has the address
- Bank statement
3. Residential proof: Any of the documents or bills, such as telephone bills, electricity bills, mobile bills, bank statement can be submitted (it should be apostilled and notarized)
Concerning the Registered Office Address
Along with the form filed for a certificate of incorporation in the LLP’s name, the following registered address proof is to be submitted:
- A document, such as electricity bill, telephone bill, or property tax bill mentioning the full address of the property where the LLP is to be registered
- In case of rented property, an NOC (No Objection Certificate) is required, together with the valid rent agreement by the property owners
All these documents are a must for Limited Liability Partnership Formation in India. At 3E Accounting, has all the relevant qualifications and experience, will provide you with assistance for business registration to make your incorporation process smooth and hassle-free. Get in touch with our team and we will be more than happy to assist you.