Company Registration in Saint Lucia Made Effortless With 3E Accounting
Foreign investors may have many reasons for company registration in Saint Lucia. Examples include ripe business opportunities the island offers, confidentiality, tax incentives, or even the citizenship by investment. Well, no matter why you want to expand into this beautiful Caribbean nation, 3E Accounting is here to make the process effortless for you.
What Do You Need to Register a Company in Saint Lucia?
Here are the things you need to get started:
Memorandum of Association (MOA)
The Memorandum of Association (MOA) is a vital legal document for company registration. It outlines the company’s name, objectives, registered office, capital, and liability, serving as the constitution. Any changes require shareholder approval and government filing.
Order on Appointment of Directors
For company registration in Saint Lucia, the order for the appointment of directors must be submitted along with other required documents. The order should include the names and details of the appointed directors, as well as their consent to serve as directors.
A private company must have at least one director, while a public company must have at least two directors. Here are other requirements for the directors in Saint Lucia:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Should not be disqualified due to bankruptcy, criminal conviction, or other legal restrictions.
- Directors must provide their residential address to be listed in the company’s records. They don’t necessarily need to live in Saint Lucia.
- A director can also be a shareholder.
A director must provide valid identification documents, such as a passport or national ID card.
Registered Office Address
The registered address serves as the official location for the company’s correspondence and legal communications with government authorities and the public. It must be a physical address, not just a post office box.
Remember, the registered address should be accurate and up-to-date at all times, as the company’s legal and regulatory obligations will be tied to this address. Any changes to the registered address must be promptly updated with the relevant authorities.
Haven’t decided on an address yet? 3E Accounting can help you in this regard as well.
There isn’t really a minimum investment requirement. However, applications are assessed on a case by case basis, and the authorities will check if you have put enough money to actually back up your business idea.
In most cases, it’s seen that $50,000 of investment is enough. Similarly, a par value of share can be $1. Bearer shares aren’t allowed.
Do I Need a Company Secretary?
While you don’t necessarily need a company secretary, you’re definitely recommended to appoint one. This’ll help during signing the documents or for any relevant official business correspondence.
What is the Process of Company Registration in Saint Lucia?
- First off, you need to hire a licensed agent, in this case, 3E Accounting. All you need to do is tell us your requirements and we’ll register your company for you.
- To make the process clearer, here’s the process of registering a company in Saint Lucia:
- First, choose a business name. It should be unique, and not misleading or vulgar. S The name must contain the words Incorporated, Inc., Corporation, Corp., Limited, GmbH, or SA.
- Submit the documents as discussed above to the registry.
- Prepare a company seal. This can be rubber or embossed.
- Register with the Inland Revenue and get your unique TIN.
- The final step is to register with Social Security as an employer.
Start a Company in Saint Lucia Today
Ready to embark on your business journey in Saint Lucia? Let 3E Accounting handle your company registration effortlessly. Contact us today to get started!